Data ArchivingThe following instructions explain which settings are needed in the Profile Properties for data archiving.
Terms & ConceptsThis data archiving method causes all files not modified within the last 30 days to be moved to a consecutive backup folder.
1. ProfileCreate a new profile. If the Profile Wizard opens, exit it by clicking on
Cancel. Activate the Expert Mode at the menu.
2. Copy modeSelect Backup copy mode.
3. Copy optionsIn the left menu click on Copy Options. Enable the option Move source files to destination folder.
4. Backup optionsIn the left menu below Copy Modes, select Backup Options. Activate the option Create backup folder at destination.
5. Source and destination foldersIn the left menu select Folders.
- In the source folder list add the folder containing the data to be archived.
- In the destination folder list add the destination folder.
6. FiltersIn the left menu click on Filters. Add a new filter with the following properties:
- Filter Action: Exclude
- Filter Type: Age (newer than)
- Use with: Source
- Compare with: File Modified Date
- Age Filter: 30 days
7. Saving your settingsYou have now completed all the requisite settings. Conclude by clicking on
OK. Now you can create a copy preview of the profile and examine the results of the settings you have made.